Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Good news today and a not so great day today, foodwise

It's been a strange day.

I have had a really sore throat the last couple of days, deep down at my neckline, not just the back of my throat.  And my ears were stopping up.  I had gone to the clinic on Monday but the doctor there could not see anything and blew me off as a whiner.  She called in  RX for nasal spray and something to stop the throat pain.  Writing a RX seems to be the first 3 years of medical school and this doctor missed bedside manner altogether.  To top it off, because they had the words Urgent Care in the clinic name, they charged $50 copay instead of $20.  I did not even bother with the prescriptions.

This morning the pain was really bad and my lymph nodes were swollen and painful.  I had a dentist appointment at 830 so had taken time from work already and a bit of time so before my appointment I went to get blood drawn for my A1C since I've been taking Victoza for 4 months.   Then after the dentist appointment, I went to my regular doctor who felt the swollen nodes and wrote me a prescription for a strong antibiotic.  I've just taken one pill and already feel better.  Pain is less.  Lump in throat feels smaller.
Sinuses feel better.   But after the pharmacy I just took the rest of the day and came home and slept most of the afternoon.  And I ate comfort food...I'd stopped on the way home and got a Mini-Murph pizza and an almond joy.  And I had frozen French fries for supper. Not a good food day but it's all good.

Now the really good news...my A1C is 560, with average blood sugar of 114 and doc says technically not in diabetes range and that I can stop with the other diabetes medicine and just stick with the Victoza.  He'd left a message while I was alseep and he called me a "poster child" !!   I am thrilled.  Losing some weight.  Trying to beat the diabetes.  Woohoo!!

No comments: