Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Robin WIlliams...may he rest in peace

Yesterday while watching the news they broke the story that Robin Williams had committed suicide.  So very sad.  He was what I pictured when I heard the words manic-depressive, although I know nothing of what was actually wrong with him.  He seemed to have great highs, performances where he was brilliantly out of control.  And apparently, we learn, great lows, depression & sadness.  He has millions of fans everywhere, was reputed to be a really nice, generous and genuine guy but apparently he had demons that overtook him.  He has a wife and children who I assume loved him.  Fans everywhere mourn his death.  Co-stars praise him.  And sadly, it was not enough.  It was not enough.  So he checked out.  

I remember seeing RW on Johnny Carson one night with his idol Jonathon Winters and things were so fast & furious that JC just sat back and watched the show.   There was another guest, so insignificant in the picture, that came out and her line “I don’t know about you but these two are wearing me out!” 
I loved his dramatic turns too…Good Will Hunting, Insomnia, his heartbreaking performance in Fisher King.   And I admit I watch Birdcage every time it comes on. 


His family will never see this but I wish them peace.  I hope they understand that maybe a comet that bright could not help but burn out too soon.    And I wish I could tell him thanks for all he has given us over the years.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I, also, would like to thank him, over and over. I have shed a few tears off and on these past couple of days. Not a lot...just a few. May you finally rest in peace, good man, and may your family rest assured there was nothing they could have done.