Saturday, December 13, 2014

Hello Country Bumpkin


Last night we got to sit in the Chancellor’s box for the basketball game!  I’ve been in a box before but it was just to sit…I’d never gotten the full treatment before.  We had staff members greeting us, offering us cocktails and sodas and there was brisket, chicken & sausage and chips and queso.  We met the Chancellor and Mrs Chancellor and they were very welcoming.  They have courtside seats so only came up at half time to meet and greet but I enjoyed meeting them.  John and I were with strangers (and non-basketball fans, apparently) but we both enjoyed our time.  Robbie & Kyle sat in our seats and our seats are so close that I could have pelted them with popcorn, but I didn’t.  I did have to laugh at them eating popcorn they had to pay for!!  And the biggest bonus was the parking pass…no parking in Levelland for us this game!!


While it was fun to see how the other 10% lives, our seats are better and even though we have to pay for our own snacks, we can be loud and rowdy in our seats where it was a little hard in the box considering we were apparently the only fans there.   But I was impressed, nonetheless and I’d do it again anytime.  

No comments: